My work beyond specific research and teaching projects is primarily geared toward making the schools, organizations, and disciplines I work in more just and equitable places for all scholars and students
- Brandywine’s Chancellor’s commissions on LGBTQ+ Equity and Interfaith and Spiritual Inclusion aim to create a safer learning environment for all students.
- The Coalition for a Just University works toward a more transparent, equitable, and just university for all faculty, staff, and students.
- The mission of the Linguistic Society of America’s committees on Public Policy and LGBTQ+ Issues in Linguistics is to improve the field of linguistics and promote the use of linguistic research for the greater good.
- I’m an editor for Collabra: Psychology, an open access journal dedicated to improving the conduct and publication of psychological research.
- Conference on Scholarly Teaching and SoTL in Linguistics (CoSTaSiL 23)
The Faculty Learning Community on Scholarly Teaching in Linguistics announces a new conference to take place July 8–9 at the 2023 LSA Linguistic Institute in Amherst, Massachusetts. View the Call for Abstracts and contact me or any of the FLC members with questions.