Hello! I’m a psycholinguist at Penn State Brandywine. I’m also affiliated with the Penn State Rock Ethics Institute. Here, you can find out about my latest research, teaching, and other professional activities. Most of my papers are available for download via ResearchGate.
- Routledge Handbook of Pronouns out nowThe Routledge Handbook of Pronouns is now out. it’s a comprehensive look at the linguistic, psychological, and social dimensions of pronouns. I contributed a chapter on nonbinary singular they with Lex Konnelly and Kirby Conrod.
- First presentation on Maltese (English) projectI’ll be presenting preliminary results from my sabbatical project on pronouns and other (non)gendered morphology in Maltese and Maltese English at the British Association for Applied Linguistics Special Interest Group on Language, Gender, and Sexuality in Brighton, England on May 2.
- Conference on Scholarly Teaching and SoTL in Linguistics (CoSTaSiL 23)The Faculty Learning Community on Scholarly Teaching in Linguistics announces a new conference to take place July 8–9 at the 2023 LSA Linguistic Institute in Amherst, Massachusetts. View the Call for Abstracts and contact me or any of the FLC members with questions.
- New Course: Language and Social Justice (Afr/ApLng 230N)With the support of the Penn State Office of The Vice President for Commonwealth Campuses and the Office for General Education, I’ll be adapting a new course, Language and Social Justice, for our Digital Learning Cooperative in Spring 2024. Thanks to Dr. Busi Makoni (Penn State African Studies & Applied Linguistics) for developing the original … Read more
- LinguistweetsI’ll be presenting at Linguistweets on the topic “Should linguists be prescriptivists?” on December 5th at 3pm UTC (10am EST). The presentation will be on Twitter @BLiMPlab_PSU and Mastodon @yEvb0@mastodon.lol.